Monday, November 08, 2004

Yummm, Yum

Next time I'm in Palestine, TX, maybe this week, I know where I'm eating. Searching on Palestine this morning I found this tip from No More Mr. Fat Guy, an East Texas blogger documenting his 9-month diet before moving from this Very Red State to a Blue one, where as we all know you want to look your best. Anyway,

"Tonight is the night. The last night before the diet. I did it right too. All-you-can-eat-buffet at Coffee Landing, a seafood bufffet on Lake Palestine. I savored crab legs, fried scallops, fried catfish, broiled catfish, blackened cod, boiled shrimp, fried alligator, stuffed crab, fried okra, fried calamari, fried shrimp, corn-on-the-cob, banana pudding, blackberry cobbler, vanilla ice cream, and unsweetened ice tea."

As the chorus in the cornfield used to say on Hee Haw after such a litany, Yummm, Yum.

By the way, Dave Mann of the Texas Observer reported that the 72 alleged crack dealers in Palestine was more than the number of restaurants in the town. He's right. There are only 54 restaurants, including coffee shops, caterers, fast food, and Coffee Landing, which is out on the lake.

No comments: