I must have been asleep at the switch. How is it possible I'd missed the nominating period, which ended April 5? Here are the categories:
- The Most Invasive Proposal
- Greatest Corporate Invader
- Worst Public Official or Department
- Lifetime Menace Award
- Put RFIDs in registration stickers on all Texas motor vehicles.
- Put RFIDs in Spring ISD schooldchildren's ID cards.
- The Texas Department of Pubilc Safety risks identity theft on a massive scale by compiling a statewide database of the two most common biometrics used as passwords. The proposed enabling legislation would allow the gathered biometric facial recognition and fingerprint data from Texas drivers and ID card holders to be used for any law enforcement purpose without a court order.
- Dallas PD shares surveillance data with private businesses.
Oh, and if there's a Big Brother photo essay contest, Freedom is Slavery has an entry.