- See a press release and Texas Judicial Council resolution supporting recommendations from the Timothy Cole Exoneration Review Commission.
- See a four-page primer on the Texas Fair Defense Act created for Texas legislators and staff.
- See the Judicial Council's recommendations regarding legislation governing pretrial decision making practices.
- From the Criminal Justice Policy Program at Harvard Law School, "Moving Beyond Money: A Primer on Bail Reform"
- Here's a toolkit for public defenders from the National Legal Aid and Defender Association on how and why to increase defenders' analytical capacity, .
- See meeting materials from a Mental Health Roundtable hosted by TIDC in November.
- TIDC has added a Juvenile Addendum and an Appellate Addendum to its criminal defense lawyer caseload data. See also a power-point presentation from TIDC on Texas' "smart defense data portal."
- From the Bureau of Justice Statistics: State Administered Indigent Defense Systems, 2013 report and summary document.
Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Indigent Defense Resource Roundup
Here are links to some excellent resources found in the Texas Indigent Defense Commission winter newsletter that Grits wanted to preserve for my own purposes: