Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm Outta Here: Guest bloggers hold down fort while Grits takes a holiday

On the road again,
Going places that I've never been,
Seeing things that I may never see again,
I can't wait to get on the road again.


- Willie Nelson
I'm headed out of town for a long-awaited vacation this afternoon, and will be away from the blog until mid-September. The missus and I are headed on a European junket - to London, Berlin, and Barcelona - and also visiting my wife's best friend from college, who married a German forest ranger and lives in a national park outside of Hamburg.

I've invited Ana YaƱez Correa, Jeff Blackburn, and a couple of other folks who haven't confirmed yet to guest blog in my absence. Be kind to them! They're doing all of us a favor providing content while I'm away, so please try to keep the comments constructive and hold off on abusive trolling until I return.

In the meantime, here are several blogs I read regularly on topics related to Grits' purview:
So long until mid-September, and thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and a relaxed and peaceful journey. You do so very much for all of us, you and your wife deserved this very much. May the Lord bless you and yours, may He watch over you and keep you safe. Take your time going but hurry back.

Texas Maverick said...

Enjoy a well deserved break. Thanks for all you do.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation!