- An SAPD officer took a plea deal for stealing pot, money, guns from drug dealer while on duty.
- A Houston PD officer pled guilty to assisting thieves with an armored car robbery in 2013.
- Another Houston PD officer stands accused of working for the Los Zetas drug cartel.
- A Victoria Sheriff's deputy pled guilty to official oppression after using excessive force against a motorist. Charges of record tampering and perjury were dismissed, though he'd admitted to the former.
- A new lawsuit accuses Caldwell County Sheriff's deputies of excessive force in an event caught on video.
- A former Wise County Sheriff's deputy who was the department's liaison to sex offender was convicted and sent to federal prison or 16 months after subjecting them to nude photographs.
- An Austin cop was suspended for 90 days for unwarranted use of his Taser against a homeless man. The event was caught on video.
- A former Cameron County Sheriff's deputy was sentenced to a year in federal prison for transporting immigrants into the country illegally.
- A Bexar County detention officer is facing termination and criminal charges over allegations that he sexually assaulted a female inmate.
Monday, January 18, 2016
TX law enforcement misconduct roundup
In an effort to clear Grits' browser tabs, here are links a number of police accountability episodes reported around the state recently which merit readers' attention: