In a one-year observation period, HOPE probationers wereThe judge who developed the HOPE program has published these benchmarks for success for practitioners, found along with the data above at the hopeprobation.org website.
- 55% less likely to be arrested for a new crime,
- 72% less likely to use drugs,
- 61% less likely to skip appointments
- 53% less likely to have their probation revoked
- As a result, they served or were sentenced to, on average, 48% fewer days of incarceration than the control group.