Sunday, January 09, 2011

Watch This Space

Thanks to Brandi Grissom for the shout out to Grits in the New York Times, which began to show up on my referral logs this morning. Texas Tribune writers did a collective overview of the upcoming 82nd Texas Legislature for the Times as part of their budding journalistic for-profit/non-profit partnership, and after each policy issue covered is a blurb with a subhed, "WHO TO WATCH."

Most of the other designated watchees are legislators (Sen. Steve Ogden on the budget, Sen. Troy Fraser on energy, Rep. Debbie Riddle on immigration, etc.) or various state officials, with one exception. On criminal justice, Grissom wrote, "WHO TO WATCH Scott Henson, a very knowledgeable blogger, who writes about all things criminal justice at gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com." Flattery, Brandi, will get you everywhere!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weekly I send Grits to my son, who is incarcerated. He really enjoys reading Grits For Breakfast. Your blog always clears up inside rumors for him. He is on the move right now as I write. He will have a lot of catching up to do when he gets to another semi permanant unit. Thanks for all you do to keep allof us informed. I hope it is ok with you that I send your blog to my son. Bryans Mom

Audrey said...

I just read an edited version of your interview in the Dallas Morning News. I agree with you on iphones. I have just started reading your blog and really like it. I was just "in" (the Texas prison system) for 3 years and am out on parole right now... I was falsely accused and wrongly convicted. I was told by Innocence Project they would not take my case because its not a DNA case. I do have a fine habeas attorney though and am blogging at http://alllthingsworktogetherforgood.blogspot.com It was my experience....the system is not rehabbing anybody. My opinion, it depends on recidivism to keep it funded and growing. It is definitely BIG BUSINESS. I look forward to reading more of your blog, thank you for doing this.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you can get counseling for narcissism! :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't know, getting a shout out (w/ a link) in The New York Times is worthy of a little horn tooting. Good for you, Scott.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, congrats Scott.
Charles in Tulia