State Sen. John Whitmire
- Democrats in Houston "waiting their turn" to run for his seat are turning grey and having grandkids, getting impatient.
- If the Lt. Governor won't give Joan Huffman chairmanship of the Senate Criminal Justice Committee, she'll just have to find another way.
- House members proposing new crimes and "enhancements" (increased penalties) are sick of passing bills in the House that the chairman pocket vetoes in the Senate.
- Someone blames him for reforms in the aughts that slightly reduced the size of Texas' prison system.
- Someone blames him for reforms in the '90s that roughly tripled the size of Texas' prison system.
- Critics of high state-jail recidivism rates taking their complaints to the next level.
- Someone just couldn't listen to that story about him being robbed in his garage in the early '90s one more time.
- An inability to realize that Bald Lives Matter.
- Donald Trump decided to test his theory that he could shoot someone and still be elected, but his aim was as off as his skin tone. It's difficult when your index finger will barely reach the trigger.
Saturday, March 12, 2016
Shooting John Whitmire: A compendium of motives
Hearing news that someone fired at least four shots into Senate Criminal Justice Committee Chairman John Whitmire's Houston offices, Grits couldn't help wonder why anyone would want to shoot the Houston Democrat, who's served that district with distinction for four decades. Here are the top ten reasons I could envision.
Posted by Gritsforbreakfast at 12:54 PM