Friday, December 12, 2008

End of the Week Roundup

I thought I'd take a moment to point Grits readers to several fascinating stories I might blog about if I had more time:
  • Exonerated. Pegasus News has an interview with Dallas DNA exoneree Stephen Phillips, who was one of the men whose DNA tests were denied by former DA Bill Hill and the courts before Craig Watkins took office in 2006 and reversed the decision.
  • Human Trafficking. As the Texas Legislature prepares to consider legislation to prevent "human trafficking," I was interested to see this post from the Federal Crimes Blog and also Douglas McNabb's prior coverage on the topic.
  • The Chaplain. The Bandera County Courier has a feature on a local pastor who's been operating a jail ministry at the county jail for the last 25 years.

No comments: