I was at a criminal justice seminar at the University of Houston Clear Lake and the speaker was with the Harris County Community Supervision and Corrections Department and they passed out a blog you wrote regarding probation reform in Harris County Texas. ... The probation department has your blog info and is distributing it to their staff.Nice to know SOMEBODY's reading this stuff. :-) Here's what Grits has published recently on the topic of Harris County jail overcrowding.
Harris County bail series
- Bail blunders boost bulging Harris jail population
- Extra bail conditions: When tough on crime means tough on taxpayers
- Should county government subsidize bail bond companies?
- Lack of counsel, information are bail barriers
Why is the Harris County Jail overcrowded?
- Harris County detains low-risk offenders for no reason
- Homegrown Harris Jail Jam: Jailed probationers swell inmate numbers
- Harris jail overcrowding worse than reported
- Harris revokes probation most among big Texas counties
- TPPF: Counties must act to prevent overincarceration
SEE ALSO: Grits' best practices to reduce county jail overcrowding.