The other TYC team is the Giddings Indians. These teams don't play against public schools but participate in a league run by the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools.
For reasons I can't explain, the teams' football schedules are nowhere on the TYC website. Maybe that partially explains why they have few fans in the stands! But a friend at TYC forwarded me the Giddings Indians' schedule:
- Thursday, Sept. 24 Cornerstone San Antonio 7:30
- Thursday, Oct. 2 Open
- Thursday, Oct. 8 St. Joseph Victoria 7:30
- Thursday, Oct. 15 Hyde Park Austin 7:30
- Thursday, Oct. 22 San Marcos Baptist San Marcos 7:30
- Friday, Oct. 30 San Antonio Christian San Antonio 7:30
- Friday, Nov. 6 Texas Military Institute, San Antonio 7:30
- Friday, Sept. 25 Bishop Dunne, Dallas, 7:30
- Thursday, Oct. 2 Bishop Lynch, Dallas, 7:30
- Thursday, Oct. 8 Open
- Friday, Oct. 16 Nolan Catholic, Fort Wort, 7:30
- Friday, Oct. 23 John Paul Stevens II, Plano, TBA
- Friday, Oct. 30 Trinity Christian, Addison, 7:30
- Friday, Nov. 6 Faith Christian, Grapevine, 7:30
Youth have to earn the right to participate in sports through good behavior while in detention, so the kids participating in youth sports at TYC are generally among the ones at least trying to work the program and get on the right path. They deserve someone to come cheer them for that effort alone, even if the outcome of the games may be lopsided.
If any of the contests on the upcoming schedule are near where you live, consider spending an evening rooting for the underdogs and giving just a little encouragement to some youth who don't receive a lot.