Okay, why don't you do that?
At the Dallas CityStore, customers can find affordable furniture, bikes, electronics and other merchandise from the police property room and other city departments.
But a city employee was recently surprised to stumble upon a different product: 123 bags of illegal drugs mistakenly shipped over in a file cabinet by the Dallas Police Department Property Unit.
"It was a terrible oversight," said Sgt. Warren Mitchell, a department spokesman. "We're going to see where we went wrong and try to fix that problem."
- Sex toys, guns walk away from Houston evidence room
- Nueces County cleaning up evidence room mess; how many others are just as bad?
- Police evidence rooms are 'red-headed stepchildren' of law enforcement, Integrity Unit told
- Galveston, Brazoria Counties react wisely by dismissing cases after evidence thefts
- Evidence retention failures thwart pursuit of innocence claims
- Enough weapons missing from Houston's property room for a 21-gun salute