- Texas may run out of one of the drugs in its execution "cocktail" in June.
- The Texas Rangers are investigating whether Harris County DA Pat Lykos improperly had grand jurors investigated when they probed the BAT van fiasco. MORE: Lykos tells a local TV station she asked DPS to send the Rangers to independently investigate to dispel "slander and libel" about her office.
- Big Jolly has coverage of the Harris County DA's race here, here and here. Kuff has an interview with Pat Lykos about the campaign and one with her primary opponent Mike Anderson.
- See also coverage of the DA's race in San Angelo.
- And coverage of the DA's race in Austin.
- Bail bondsman convicted of bribing South Texas judge.
- TDCJ entered a contract with a Huntsville hospital for certain prisoner care, but Grits doubts they can scale up to solve the problem that way.
- See an excellent feature on eyewitness identification and how mind tricks can put innocent people behind bars.
- Already way overleveraged, Corrections Corporation of America has sent a letter to 48 states including Texas offering to buy their old prison units
- Celebrating Valentine's Day when your loved one is in jail.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Odds and Ends on a busy day
Here are a few items that would deserve more attention if I had time today:
Posted by Gritsforbreakfast at 3:58 PM