- Houston Chronicle (Aug. 27): "Overburdened and underfunded immigration judges decry 'Cinderella' court system"
- Dallas Morning News (Aug. 27): "Tarrant County compiles resources to help felons succeed after life in prison"
- SA Express-News (Aug. 27): "Texas court could settle DWI policy" (on mandatory blood draws) Related: The South Dakota Supreme Court declared mandatory blood draws unconstitutional this week based on reasoning similar to that calling into question Texas' statute.
- CBS-DFW (Aug. 13): "Lawyers: Rape case sign of Texas court's shift"
- Texas Observer (Aug. 26) "Houston cops are always justified in shootings. Always."
- Texas Prison Bidness (Aug. 28): "Liberty County hires consultant to look into who should run the jail"
- Texas Prison Bidness (Aug. 12): "Grasping at straws, Littlefield seeks California prison contract?"
Saturday, August 30, 2014
Saturday Link Roundup
Just to clear my browser tabs, here are a few mostly unrelated links that haven't made it into independent Grits posts but deserve readers' attention::
Posted by Gritsforbreakfast at 4:53 PM