Said Texas homeland security director Steve McCraw to McLemore, "These reports get out into the public and get magnified quickly before the facts can be confirmed, and that's a shame." Well, gee, sir, I've got a solution for you: Stop making unsubstantiated claims whenever it suits your political aims!
See prior, related Grits posts:
- Hyping Fear: As Texas Congressmen tell big fat lies, where are media factcheckers?
- Texas homeland security chief hyping phony border threats
- Congressman made up Al Qaeda incident at Texas border
- I wish the truth would hurry up and tie its shoes
- Even more hyped border threats
- Governor's ad avoids debating real border problems