Friday, September 29, 2006

Join Grits for Happy Hour Next Friday!

I need a drink, my friends, and I hope you'll join me for a happy hour next week in Austin, Friday Oct. 6 from 5:30-7:30-ish pm at Opal Divine's on West Sixth Street (within stumbling distance from my office at the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition).

I hope all my friends and readers who can make it will come. We'll be celebrating Grits' two-year blogiversary. And lamenting my recent departure from ACLU of Texas (my last day is October 4). Even toasting my new granddaughter, oddly enough. We will drink together, see old friends, meet new ones, and speak of new beginnings.

Celebration, mourning, atonement - whatever themes you want to take from the event are there for the offering. Plus booze. What more are you looking for at the end of a long workweek in the capital city?

Friday, Oct. 6, at the end of the work day in Austin. Put it on your calendar right now so you won't forget!

I hope you can make it.

6 comments:

123txpublicdefender123 said...

I wish I could join you, but I'm now half a country away. Cheers!

Gritsforbreakfast said...

I wish you could too!!

Glad you're liking the job! :-)

Anonymous said...

Granddaughter! Congratulations, grits.

Gritsforbreakfast said...

Yup, granddaughter - I sorta tried to sneak that one in there! Thanks Lindsay.

It's really my long-time foster daughter's daugher, but if the kid's mom calls me 'Dad,' whaddya do? A: Buy diapers. :)

I'm gonna see her for the first time later today.

Anonymous said...

Granddaughter?! that's a hard one to sneak by! Many happy returns on that one.

Anonymous said...

will the debate be on?