- "Lawmaker shocked by juvenile correction policies," The Houston Chronicle. August 30, 2006
- "Juvenile center dangers cited at hearing," The San Antonio Express-News. August 30, 2006.
- "Sen. wants more training for juvenile corrections officers," The Daily Texan. August 30, 2006.
- "Hearing to draw stories of violence at TYC," The Brownsville Herald. August 30, 2006.
- "State juvenile corrections understaffed, undertrained," The Brownsville Herald. August 31, 2006.
- "Hearing Examines Violence at Juvenile Prisons," KGBT 4 Rio Grande Valley News. August 30, 2006.
- "Senate committee investigates juvenile justice issues," News 8 Austin.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Juvie justice discussed in the Valley
Thanks to Isela Gutierrez of the Texas Coalition Advocating Justice for Juveniles (TCAJJ) for sending links to news coverage from last week's interim hearing of the Texas Senate Criminal Justice Committee in McAllen. The event focused on problems at juvenile correctional facilities and was surprisingly well covered in the MSM: