Monday, March 21, 2005

I've created a monster

One morning last week a friend called at 6:50 a.m., loudly and half-seriously complaining that he'd gotten up that morning, made his coffee, and was disappointed to find the same material at the top of the blog as he'd left the night before. Did I plan to write anything new that morning, he wanted to know?

I recognize that a disproportionate number of posts at Grits come between 5 and 6:30 in the morning, but I didn't intend for the practice to set such high expectations. I DEFINITELY don't want to encourage such behavior
among readers, AT ALL, and on some days, like today, I'm busy with other stuff. Still, please know, without feeling the need to call, that I'll do my best to feed the hungry pack. But you should always check out the other good folks linked on the right if you finish your Grits and you're still hungry. For those of you not reading quite so closely, if you didn't catch them, while I'm out check out these recent Grits items, and the stuff posted over the weekend.

Surveillance Society

The Overincarceration Crisis
And Elsewhere: While I'm at it, everybody should read this piece by the Instapundit -- the line of argument represents a strand of conservative ideology that, I think Texas has shown, has potential to combine with populist liberal strains to promote criminal justice reform, even in "red" states.

No comments: