In related news, Dimitria Pope ascended from TYC chief of staff to assume Owens' former acting Executive Director position. Consider this an open thread to discuss Jay Kimbrough's legacy as conservator and whether Mr. Owens is the right leader for TYC.
Jay Kimbrough, who was appointed conservator over the embattled Texas Youth Commission in March, was replaced Friday by Ed Owens, who had been the agency's acting executive director.
Mr. Kimbrough was recently appointed deputy chancellor of the Texas A&M University System and said he told Gov. Rick Perry on Thursday that the timing was right for new leadership.
- Ed Owens New TYC Czar
- Adios Jay Kimbrough! Ed Owens new TYC Czar
- The Back Gate: Ed Owens wrong leader for TYC
- Settled lawsuit alleged Ed Owens covered up TDCJ sex abuse scandal
- Is the party already over for TYC's Ed Owens?
- New TYC chief threatens employees?
- Owens: TYC is safe for kids: What?