Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tom Henson: Super Lawyer

Via my brother John's blog, Wondering Thoughts, let's call this off-topic post a point of personal privilege to boast that my father was named to Texas Monthly's list of "Super Lawyers" this year! Congratulations, Dad! John wrote:
Henson My dad, a.k.a--"Affidavit Face," is in the recent Texas Monthly, showing up on the list of Super Lawyers 2007. Here is the listing in the magazine, stating what everyone has known for 40 years! He has always been the best and one who earns the respect of those who know him--especially those who are plaintiffs.

For the record, I know nothing about the moniker "Affidavit Face."

A couple of the other lawyers in this photo - especially Tracy Crawford and the legendary Jack Flock - I've known my whole life and are like my own family. Crawford was also named one of TM's "Super Lawyers." Congratulations one and all! I'm proud of you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You, and your family, should be
proud and your Father honored !

Anonymous said...

I second the contgratulations and kudos to your dad!!

Anonymous said...

Order up select bottle of conqac and a couple of Ashton cigars.

Celebrate his 40 years as a practicing attorney. He's got stories.

MrCoffee said...

What kind of lawyer is he? Is he a criminal lawyer?

Gritsforbreakfast said...

No, he does corporate defense, product liability, did a lot of asbestosis stuff when it was big, and the firm has represented a lot of prominent E. TX oil and gas interests for many years. I think now they're doing more intellectual property stuff over in Marshall - tort reform changed their case load quite a bit.

Unknown said...

Congrats to gritsy's dad. At least you got one son on the right path.

RoAN ;-0

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your dad, Grits! Obviously, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. :)

Anonymous said...

Really? Tracy Crawford? I have always found him to be rude and lacking scruples. I guess this is law we are talking about.