Thursday, October 26, 2006

An Ode to Grits

Muse of the Moment offers a fun post on grits (the food, not the blog), but laments that she could find very little poetry out there on the subject. That's an inexplicable shame, so I thought I'd start to rectify the matter. Please add your own poetic suggestions in the comments.
From golden ground corn comes a flavorful feast
More tasty than flour, more cultured than yeast
It's good with your breakfast or any old meal
To add some pizzazz and some southern appeal
They call it polenta served down at the Ritz
But when in the South you need just ask for "grits."
See more from the Muse including some fine-looking grits recipes.

2 comments:

Mike Howard said...

You're not going to get any poetry from me (sorry, I'm just not that creative), but I did make a great jalopeno cheddar grits breakfast a week or two ago. There's nothing like jalopeno to make a good dish better.

Gritsforbreakfast said...

Yum, yum. Cheese grits rock. My favorite is garlic cheese grits, baked, but I'm flexible and am down with the jalapeƱos. Best,