Thursday, October 26, 2006

Prison Pups

Mostly I'm just posting this for the picture (I'm a sucker for dogs). Via the Austinist, this neat-looking show will premiere tonight at the Austin Film Festival:

"Prison Pups follows four prison inmates as they train puppies for the handicapped and hearing impaired on a minimum-security facility nestled in the rolling farmland northwest of Boston. The peacefulness of this landscape belies a controlled and regimented environment where these inmates live with and train puppies over a 10 to 14 month period. The benefits of taking responsibility and knowing unconditional love can be profound as inmates gain confidence and are empowered by their role as trainers.

"Click here for a blog and discussion of PRISON PUPS from Gather.com"

2 comments:

Catonya said...

I've seen bits of information on television about similar programs. I hope this one makes it's way online. I'd love to see it.

Gritsforbreakfast said...

I think it's ultimately going to be on PBS.