Here's a roundup of MSM coverage of the hearing:
- Lawmakers debate TYC pepper spray policy, McAllen Monitor
- Lawmakers question TYC improvements, The Daily Texan
- Youth agency officials defend progress, Austin American Statesman
- Lawmakers question officials on progress in TYC overhaul, Dallas Morning News
- Roanoke TYC unit under scrutiny, Fort Worth Star Telegram
- TYC tries to counter concerns about released offenders, Houston Chronicle
- Lawmakers discuss TYC problems, News 8-Austin
- Lawmakers grill TYC officials on reform, AP
Jim and Tim,
Good to see you both yesterday. And thanks for getting the FAQ online - I'm going to be going into it in more detail soon.
In the meantime, I wanted to request a couple of documents Ms. Pope referenced at yesterday's hearing:
Ideally, in the name of "transparency," it'd be great if y'all would put those two documents online. But at a minimum I'd like to get copies of both of them.
- Project Reform Update Aug. 13, 2007
- Packet of supplemental information given to legislators for yesterday's hearing
In addition, I was interested in Dr. Raimer's testimony yesterday and a commenter suggested I ask for these documents, so I'll add them to the request:
Thanks in advance for your prompt response in this matter.
- copies of TYC's internal monitoring reports of the quality of the medical care, beginning April 2007 to the present, and
- a copy of the report from this spring by the ACA consultants.
Grits for Breakfast