Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hasta la vista, ACLU

Today is my last day as an employee of the ACLU of Texas. Thanks to Executive Director Will Harrell and everyone I've worked with over the last six years. I've appreciated the opportunity to be part of some very exciting work there, and wish the organization good luck in all its future endeavors. (Earlier I'd posted my resignation letter here.)

I hope all my colleagues, friends and blog readers, can join me this Friday evening for a happy hour at Opal Divine's on W. 6th Street in Austin from 5:30 to 7:30-ish to celebrate my transition from ACLU to the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition. We'll also be celebrating the two year anniversary of this blog, and even the birth of my new granddaughter.

See here for more details. Please join Grits to celebrate both its 2-year anniversary and a period of signficant transition in my life.

Hasta la vista,
ACLU.

2 comments:

Catonya said...

I wish I could be there to say this in person-

Congratulations! & Happy Blogiversary!

Wishing you success and many victories with the TCJC.

(if there's a 3 yr blogaversary party, I will be there)

PDiddie said...

Hoist.

Congratulations on your new gig, and cheers to bright horizons.