Looking around the statewide media this morning, I find yet more great coverage of the Texas Youth Commission saga:
- TYC facilities ruled by fear
- TYC abuse complaints hampered by confusing policies, dwindling staffing
- Staff inuries soar at Texas youth prison facilities
- Youth inmates' life structured, rough
- TYC officer arrested for excessive force
- TYC employees speak out on state agency
UPDATE: I just noticed this post from The Back Gate similarly arguing that TDCJ and TYC suffer from essentially the same problems.